Maintaining the Breast Prosthesis
There are a number of practical things that you can do to maintain the breast prosthesis to ensure that it keeps its shape and form. Highlighted on this page are a few important things to be mindful of.
• To maintain the breast prosthesis, wash it with mild soap and rinse in warm water
• Do not use solvents under any circumstances
• After the hand wash, dab the breast prosthesis gently with a soft towel to dry
• Do not place the breast form on any form of heater, nor should you use a hair dryer
• If practical, use the original box to store the breast prosthesis or when moving the breast prosthesis
• Keep sharp or pointed objects, including jewellery, away from the breast prosthesis, as it can be permanently damaged by such objects.
• Be careful with your breast prosthesis around pets – their claws can damage the lining
• Always read and observe the care information included within each breast form
• For more information about how to maintain the breast prosthesis, please feel free to call our team on 0800 612-612